After over ten years, 555 is a permanent fixture in the Portland dining scene. Chef Steve Corry and his wife, Michelle Corry, came to Portland with the idea of opening an elegant yet welcoming dining venue, embracing the use of local and seasonal ingredients...
As you walk into the restaurant, you will be met by the professional & warm staff in the vivacious Point Five Lounge. Just around the corner, the main dining room will impress you with its exciting open kitchen and distinctive architecture, dating back to its days as a 19th century firehouse. There are two levels of seating, including second floor balcony tables that allow you to observe the sights of the restaurant and kitchen below.
No matter where you dine, you will be treated to Chef Corry’s acclaimed contemporary New England cuisine paired with Michelle’s award-winning wine list. Welcome, and enjoy!
Join us in 555’s Turnbuckle Room, named for the unique architectural facet whereby the floor is held up by steel poles and beams from the ceiling. This elegant—and brand new—room is located on the third floor of the restaurant, affording guests a unique bird’s eye view of Portland’s historic Arts District. The room can accommodate up to 30 diners for a formal sit-down meal or 50 for a standing cocktail reception.
Alternatively, our second-floor mezzanine, overlooking the downstairs dining room and open kitchen, holds up to 18 people for a semi-private affair. Both spaces have a variety of menu options and can be personalized to fit your party’s needs.
We also offer additional services such as off-premise catering and full or partial restaurant buyouts. Allow our Events Manager to seamlessly coordinate your special event here at 555.
Bar open at 4:30
Dinner served from 5:00-close
Seven days a week
Brunch every Sunday from 9:30-2:00
Book a Table
We look forward to seeing you at 555. Though not required, reservations are recommended.
- Reservations are accepted 30 days in advance, to the calendar date.
- We require a credit card number for any party of six or larger, with a 24 hour cancellation policy. Additionally, we may ask for a credit card for holidays & special occasion dinners.
- We are happy to take your reservation over the phone starting at 12:00 every day, but feel free to book online at OpenTable. If you do not find your preferred time slot on OpenTable, we recommend you call us directly to speak with a reservationist for additional assistance. We apologize, but we do not take reservations via email.
- We are happy to accommodate any allergies and dietary restrictions, though do appreciate advanced notice whenever possible.
- Please let us know if you are celebrating a special occasion! We would love to help make it a memorable evening for you.
We suggest on-street parking on Congress, Cumberland & Free Streets or along the many smaller side streets off of Congress. There are also several parking garages located within just a few blocks of the restaurant:
- Gateway Garage - entrances on High Street (near the Westin Hotel) & Forest Avenue (across from the Portland Stage building)
- Portland Public Market parking garage - off of Congress Street adjacent to Monument Square
- Free Street Parking Garage - Free Street near the Cumberland County Civic center
Coming from the North or South:
Rt. 95 to 295, take 295 to exit 6A - Forest Avenue South (Downtown Portland). Continue straight, following signs to Downtown Portland, up Forest Avenue until it ends at Congress Street (about 5 blocks). Take a left on Congress Street, and you will find us in this block on the left side, along the corner of Oak Street.
Need a place to stay?
Located in the heart of the arts district (right next door) our brand new apartment enjoys all the city has to offer. Visit our airbnb page and plan your visit.
Private & Group Dining
We are pleased to offer a variety of dining options for groups and events including business dinners & presentations, rehearsal dinners, weddings, cocktail receptions, wine tastings, and everything in between! Space is available for both evening and daytime reservations. Please contact our Events Manager, Sarah Allenby, for more information and to discuss your upcoming function!
207.200.7665 - direct line-events
Our newly renovated, fully private room was finished in the fall of 2013, and has quickly proved to be portland's premier location for intimate upscale events.
- Capacity: 30 seated, 50 standing
- Dining options range from hors d'oeuvres & desserts to custom multi-course tasting menus
- Other personalizations include music, décor, room layout
- Equipped for a/v presentations & internet access
Along a mezzanine overlooking the main dining room & open kitchen below, our semi-private area can accommodate up to 18 guests for seated dinners.
Rental of the main first floor dining room and entire restaurant may also be available for larger functions. The first floor dining room accommodates up to 55 guests seated.
News & Upcoming Events
We have gift certificates available for purchase online, though you are also welcome to call or stop by the restaurant after 12pm daily to buy a gift certificate in person.
Online orders will be processed within 2 days, and sent to the shipping address provided during check-out. If you would like us to mail the certificate directly to the gift recipient, please be sure to submit the proper address. Please feel free to add any additional information under "special instructions".
555 is consistently one of Eater Maine’s 18 essential maine restaurants
555 has been awarded the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for the 10th year running (2013)
Portland Press Herald’s “The Golden Dish”: “Five Fifty-Five Celebrates Ten Years Strong”, July 2013
Chef Steve Corry and Chef Matt Ginn are named two of the best chefs in America
Features Chef Corry’s ideas & recipes for a fun Valentine’s Day meal with friends, February 2013
Portland Press Herald’s “Dine Out Maine” review: “Pricey, Not Pretentious, Five Fifty-Five Worth Every Nickel”, September 2012
Michelle Corry & the Front of the House get some credit, March 2012
Maine Magazine named us the "most romantic" restaurant, January 2012
555's brunch listed as top 25 in the country in Travel & Leisure, January 2012
Chef Steve Corry was named 2011 Chef of the Year by the Maine Restaurant Association!
Chef Steve Corry listed in Maine Magazine's “31 Number Ones”, March 2011
Chef Steve Corry represented in a Travel & Leisure article about farmer's markets, April 2010
Chef Steve Corry was named one of Food & Wine’s top 10 Best New Chefs in 2007
For media inquiries, please contact Sarah Allenby at email@example.com or 207.200.7665.