hours of operation :
bar open at 4:30 with dinner served from 5-close, seven days a week.
brunch every sunday from 9:30-2:00.
we will be closed on christmas day and the day after, december 25-26. thank you for your understanding!
what's new at five fifty-five:
celebrate christmas eve with us! we will be serving our regular dinner menu as well as a special tasting menu from 5pm-8:30pm on tuesday, december 24. reservations highly recommended, private party options are available as well! call: 207.761.0555.
ring in the new year at five fifty-five! our new year’s eve offerings include a special 5 course menu for $100 and live music in the lounge. consider gathering a group of friends for dinner in our new gorgeous private room! reservations recommended for all size parties, call: 207.761.0555.
3-course menu, 5-course signature tasting menu and 8-course chef's tasting menu are available nightly.
join us for oyster thursdays: $1.55 oysters and drink specials in the point 5 lounge!
please remember our menus change continuously as the seasons progress... we keep our online menus up-to-date but items are subject to change.
ask about chef corry's "feast of 55 flavors" - a unique dining experience!
join us at our sister restaurant petite jacqueline - a french bistro located at 190 state street in longfellow square... for reservations and information call 207.553.7044.
recent accolades & press:
- check out our most recent review in the portland press herald - pressherald.com
- maine magazine named us the "most romantic" restaurant - themainmag.com
- 555's brunch listed as top 25 in the country - travelandleisure.com
- 555 nominated for one of the four best farm-to-table restaurants in maine - harvestontheharbor.com
- we may not have won the contest, but read what they say about our soup - downeast.com
- read what the portland press herald has to say about our point 5 lounge... nice picture josh! - mainetoday.com
- the maine state tourism board has posted video interviews with "award winning maine chefs" - visitmaine.com
- behind the burner - learn more about the man behind the scene. - behindtheburner.com
- chef steve corry was named 2011 chef of the year by the maine restaurant association!!
- chef steve corry was named one of food and wine magazine's top 10 best new chefs of 2007!!-
we suggest on-street parking on congress, cumberland, and free streets or along the many smaller side streets off of congress. parking garages are located on forest avenue one block from congress, high street near the eastland park hotel and on free street near the cumberland county civic center.
- portland public market parking garage - located on lower congress near monument square
- free street parking garage - located on free street near the cumberland county civic center
- gateway garage - entrances on high street (near the east land park hotel) and forest avenue (across from the portland stage building)
coming from the north or south:
rt. 95 to 295, take 295 to exit 6a - forest avenue south (downtown portland). continue straight, following signs to downtown portland, up forest avenue until it ends (about 5 blocks) at congress street. take a left on congress street, we are on this block on the left hand side. oak street is the first cross road and there is usually parking here, take a left on oak.
reservations & gift certificates:
gift certificates are available for purchase via paypal (see the "gift certificates" link under contact), by calling 207.761.0555, or stopping by in person from 1:00 until close.
we want you to use your old gift certificates! bring in a gift certificate dated before 2009 and we will add another $5.00 to the initial value. please call with questions and reservations!
please do not use the email for reservations, we are available by phone to book all reservations or for more information...207.761.0555.
"restaurants are the last refuge of civilization"